Monday, 8 October 2012

A little piece of woodturning

We headed out to Katie's parents place the other day, so Katie could help out around the property. Apart from being social over lunch and dinner I spent my time down by the river, where my lathe still lives.

I was quite rusty in my skill, and despite my attempts to make a similar size bowl to some of my previous efforts things didn't go quite to plan. I kept making more and more mistakes, catching my tool quite often and even sending the bowl flying past me, which made me stop and sit for a while.
I even picked up a few ouches.

In the end though I left with a little bowl, quite nicely shaped (even if I do say so myself).


And one day I might even release my much anticipated (by atleast 2 people!) new game.

No comments:

Post a Comment