Monday, 20 February 2012

And so it begins

Well, the move has been completed.

Here I am in sunny Nelson, for which there is a severe weather warning for the next few days!

For a while now I've been telling myself that everything starts once I get to Nelson.
Yesterday (Monday) I went to the gym and set everything up, then went to work fixing bugs and getting my first mobile app ready for release.

Some might have viewed this as procrastinating on my blog post, and they might be right.

It seems a bit silly to post my first post on my second day of work but atleast I'm posting today! (ignoring the fact it is now 7pm as I write this).

So where do I stand?

Programming: -$168 NZD
I'm currently at -$138 from buying a web address and hosting, then another -$30 from registering as an Android Dev. Hopefully I'll start digging my way back up to break even when I release my game, even if just really slowly.

Woodworking: +$1,150 NZD
Currently at $1,150 NZD for woodworking, that looks pretty good right? Unfortunately that includes a $1,000 loan from my parents (which my father is trying to make into a gift, as parents like to do, should I allow this? Hmmmmm). $100 is from my godmother (Thanks Liz!) and $50 from my Uncle and Aunt for my birthday last year. So depending on how you look at it I'm either at positive $1,150 or negative $850. I prefer the first.

Soon as I can get some time in town (currently living 16km out of town) I'll look at buying some tools. First on my list are a router, jigsaw and drill. I'm planning on making some childrens rocking chairs first, to sell at the local market. You can see one in the background behind the chess table on my woodworking page.

Music: $0
Currently sitting at $0 for music, and I was going to say it's not likely to change anytime soon, but Katie has threatened to drag me out busking this weekend in the hopes of collecting the end of the tourist section. She seems quite serious as she had us practicing this afternoon (one reason why this post is so late).

We have been out busking once before, at christmas, and made $11 which we promptly spent on icecream at Penguinos which may or may not be the entire reason I moved to Nelson. The icecream is so good my sister once drove 5 hours to try and get some, only to find it didn't open til later in the day, and then had to drive 5 hours home.

So that's where things sit currently, and this is where I sit!




2 comments:

  1. "The icecream is so good my sister once drove 5 hours to try and get some, only to find it didn't open til later in the day, and then had to drive 5 hours home."

    True story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Went there today just before 11 and was devastated to find it didn't open til 12.
      Fortunately the boss came along and opened it just after 11 :D Even got us to try his new secret flavour to get our opinions.

      Delete